Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Payton!


Wow! I can't believe its been a year. When Payton was born I didn't think it could get any better, but it is. He has grown into such a fun, loving, adventurous little boy and I am in love with him. Here are a few pictures from his birthday party. I didn't take a ton, but Uncle Kyler has more. These are just some of them I took.


I frosted his cupcakes green so we could see him smear it all over his face. He just kept dipping his finger in it and eating the frosting then once the frosting was pretty much done, he crumbled the cupcake and smeared it around the tray. It was funny, I had taken off his shirt so he wouldn't get it dirty and after we sang, Gregg was trying to get him to blow out the candle. The cupcake fell over and burned him a little because the candle was still lit. It didn't really hurt him but he screamed at first. As soon as Gregg took out the candle and let him dig in, it didn't seem to bother him though.

He loved openning presents, but he didn't understand why we kept taking them away after he opened them. He just wanted to sit there and play with whatever he got. He kept picking up his books and going over to someones lap to sit and read. He is such a blessed (spoiled) little guy, but in my opinion he deserves it for being so cute.


Lets see if I can sum up what he does and loves now

Loves loves loves dogs and will repeat "dog" over and over when he sees (or thinks he sees) one

Blows kisses when people leave

Runs and climbs everything


Really enjoys writing/drawing. He got a magna doodle for his b-day and will carry it around all day.

Figured out how to put the different shaped blocks in his sorting toy. Its so cute to watch him work to fit it in the wrong space and then keep trying until he finds the right one.

Loves seeing all the kids and the elementary school everyday (and they love seeing him)

Starting to follow directions really well. When we want him to get us something we can ask him to go and get it and he will look for it.

Has 8 teeth and is working on his molars.

Recently has become more picky about food, but all fruits and most veggies are always a go. We have a harder time convincing him to eat much meat.

Always tries to get people attention until they make eyecontact and smile at him. He definately likes to be the center of attention at all times.
Here is a belly picture at 13 weeks. I am already showing more than I was with Payton at this time, but I guess thats what happens when you only have 9 months to recover between pregnancies :)

1 comment:

Kylee said...

So cute. Greg and Payton have so much in common, it is neat to read everything that he is doing because I can relate since Greg does a lot of the same things! You are looking good for 13 weeks even for only have nine months in between each pregnancy you look fantastic. Love you guys!