Saturday, September 6, 2008

4 1/2 months ... and sitting?!

One thing that has surprised me is Payton is already getting really good at sitting on his own. He is still a little tippy sometimes, but he has really gotten good at it. This seemed early to me, but I guess every mom thinks their child is advanced.
Life is Good! Auntie Kendra always calls me monkey so my grandma had to get me this Life is Good shirt when we saw it.

A lot has happened since I posted pictures last. One of the big milestones for Payton was he got to start eating solid foods. He absolutely loved it. So far we have introduced rice cereal and carrots and he can't get enough of either. The very first time he got to try them, both of the Grandmas were there to witness it and it was hilarious. He was like a little duck grabbing and shaking his head trying to get the food faster.

Here is his first time with rice cereal...and even better (and messier) his first time with carrots.Decked out in A's gear (we have to do one of these every once in a while)
Another great thing that has happened recently is we got to go up to visit some of our friends in Couer d'Alene. Mason's family has a "cabin" there and so we met Mason, Lindsey, Tim, Ashley and Brandon for Labor Day weekend. As you can see there was a beautiful view of the lake from the living room. It was really an awesome time. I have missed our friends from Oregon so much since we have moved to Whitefish. We pretty much just played games and ate the entire time we were there :)

Payton suck/chews his thumb and I think it is absolutely adorable. Gregg is worried that he will be one of those Kindergarteners that sucks his thumb, but I encourage his thumb sucking :)


This is a football outfit that I thought wouldn't fit him until this winter, but he is growing like crazy.



3 comments:

Kylee said...

I can't believe how big he is! He is so cute. Glad to hear that things are going well for you guys. Sounds like you had a fun Labor Day weekend.
I started student teaching and it is going well. I love it. I am with a second grade class. We only ave 19 students which is so rare. I am lucky. We have the smallest second grade in the district. I hate being away from Greg all day, but it is getting easier.
Love ya guys

Susan said...

I love that Kendra calls Payton "Monkey." When Gregg was real little, that's what I called him, too!

That's so great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll,

Payton is looking good and sitting up. What a big boy. He's going to be a handsome kid in school, be prepared for all the phone calls Kris he is too cute.

take care,
Aunt Amanda and boys