Monday, August 24, 2009

Swimming, Huckleberries and New Things

Yesterday we went to the lake with a few of our friends. The water was slightly cold so all of the adults eased our way into play with our kids. Once we finally got used to the water the kids decide they were done and got out. We didn't want to get out because by that time, the water felt warmer than getting out. Here we are trying to get the kids to come back in.
We brought up hotdogs to bbq and I made a big pot of mac n cheese to eat.
Here is Payton and his friend Olivia sharing crackers.
After a long day, we all went to A&W for rootbeer floats and the kids tried on our sunglassed while we waited.
When Payton is trying to get more attention (like he doesn't get enough already) he resorts to sillyness.
He has interesting ways of getting things done sometimes, but he is persistant.
I still can't get over how old he is looking. I guess its a good thing we will have a new baby in 8 weeks or so because he is definitely not a baby anymore.
Picking the last of the raspberries.
Kyler and Payton being goofy.
He pretends to sleep now. He will lay down and go "shh, shh, shh" like he is snoring.We have officially been approved to build. We have the loan paper work done as well as the building contract, so right now they are getting the septic stuff wrapped up and ground breaking should be any day. We went and picked out our flooring and on Thursday we are picking out our cabinets and countertops. Gregg is ordering our appliances through work because he can get a great deal on them. I can't wait to see the excavators digging!
Here is a look at the lot before progress begins:
Payton is getting more creative and more micheveous. When he can't quite reach to turn on his Elmo movie...this is what he does.
He knows he is not supposed to be on the coffee table, so here he is telling himself "no". He will give himself away when he is disobeying by repeating "no, no, no." If he comes in the playroom and climbs up to the computer, I know what is going on.A few friends and I took the kids huckleberry picking. We didn't really know if we would find any but after 45 minutes of driving, a few hours of picking, 7 kids 7 and under, and 3 of us managed to each get about 4 cups. Heres what we came home with. I wish I would have taken pictures while we were picking. I just kept setting Payton down in the middle of a patch and he would pick and eat as fast as he could. We were proud of ourselves for going for it with the kids and without any men to help us navigate.


1 comment:

Kylee said...

That is funny about the kids getting out as the adults got in the water. Payton is getting so big. It would be so much to have him and Greg play together. So exciting about the house. I can't wait for it start either because I know how excited you are!