Wednesday, February 18, 2009

9 1/2 months

This is a little clip of Payton playing with some of his favorite toys. Balls. He says a version of the word ball, more like "baa" and if you say the word he will hold it up. Sorry he is just in a diaper. Thats how we roll at home sometimes.

This next clip is super short, so I will explain whats going on. Gregg had just left for work and I asked Payton where daddy was. He went over to the gate at the top of the stairs and was yelling "DAD". I grabbed the camera, so I just got the end of it but it was precious.

He has had a cold for the last few weeks so I took him into the doctor on Monday and he had an ear infection. For the most part he was still in a really good mood and he was sleeping at night, so I didn't even think it, but then on Sunday he had a low fever and was kind of throwing a fit, so I thought I better take him in because of the fever and then fact that the cold was just hanging around. And sure enough he was sick. If he would have been up more at night and acted more sick then I might have known sooner, but at least he isn't a grumpy kid.

He has the funniest personality now and we are constantly laughing at him. He is saying quite a few words and doing a good job following simple directions. He is walking pretty good but still is faster at crawling. He loves my brothers. When they walk in the door he is so excited. When they go down the halls to their rooms he crawls down there calling for them. He has gotten more stubborn about eating. He has started randomly refusing foods and doesn't like to be fed. He will grab the spoon out of my hand to try to feed himself. Right now I give him a lot of foods he can eat with his hands because it isn't worth the battle.

Here's a picture of him trying to play guitar and brush his teeth at the same time. A little multi-tasker, just like his mom.


He is very attached to his Giraffey. It is a must have for sleeping. We don't let him carry it around in the day, so it stays in his crib, but yesterday he was reaching through the crib bars to try and break giraffey out. When he got him he put him in his mouth and came crawling out all proud, only to have giraffey put back where he belongs.

No comments: