Life has been going good. We are still busy.
Gregg has his 27th Birthday yesterday. Unfortunately for him, it was also the day I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. The top ones were already grown in, but the bottom ones were under my jaw bone, so I had to be but under to have them removed. It has actually not been as bad as I thought and Gregg has been amazing taking care of the house and the boys in the mean time. We celebrated his birthday Tuesday night, so we could actually go out to eat and have a party without me all drugged up from the surgery. We went to MacKenzie as usual and then came to our house for a homemade Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza Cake. It was delicious (of course because I made it). But really it was cookie, ice cream, chocolate and carmel syrup and m&m's so how could it have good wrong. My hubby is getting old. He is in his "late" 20's now :)
Payton is growning up so much. Everyday I am shocked by the things he says. Right now everytime you show him anything neat, his response is "wow thats cool." Which is so funny to here him say. He is also into telling us his emotions "I am so happy, sad, scared, mad etc." He especially uses this as one of his stalling techniques for naptime. He has been very loving as usual and will ask to cuddle or sit on lap and says "I love you so much" a lot. His potty training has been still going well. He has only had one accident in the past month or so and even on our car trip when we made him wear a pullup, he didn't go in it and we only stopped every few hours. He is even waking up when he needs to go at night. He loves the warm weather and wants to spend his days roller skating, riding his powerwheel motorcycle, blowing bubbles, drawing with sidewalk chalk, working in the gravel with his trucks, playing any kind of sport and playing with his brother.
Kellen is getting so much bigger too. He is a speedy crawler and can stand up pulling up on anything. He can cruise all over the place and has been standing by himself a little bit too. He cut his first tooth a few days ago but it is still barely in. He prefers adult food over baby food, so now we give him steamed frozen veggies, chicken, rice, noodles, yogurt, fruit, cheese, cereal among many new things everyday. He hasn't been nursing well during the day because he gets so distracted, so we have been giving him some bottles during the day and he still nurses before bed and naps and in the morning. I would have liked to exclusively nurse him until around a year like Payton but I am happy his is still nursing some. He is still such a happy baby and watches and copies Payton with the adoration only a little brother can have. Payton tries to teach him stuff and always is asking if Kellen can do whatever he is doing with him. I love watching the two of them together.
I was downloading some more pictures but for some reason they didn't show up so I will try them again tomorrow if I get a chance. For now the first one is Payton on the roof top of the place Gregg's Aunt Sharon had her wedding.
This one is Kellen in the yard. I was trying out some of the stuff I learned in a photography class I am taking at the Nazerene Church. I love how it turned out and had it blown up for my dad's office for Father's Day along with a picture of Payton mowing the lawn.
No comments:
Post a Comment