Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Kellen Sydney!







Kellen Sydney
October 20, 2009
12:30 pm
7 lbs. 6 oz.
20 inches

We came into the hospital at midnight to be induced but there was an emergency c-section so we didn't actually get started until about 1:30 am. Contractions started getting good at regular around 7am. My dr came in at 8 and broke my water. That is when I really started active labor. I got an epidural at 9:45 am and from that point on felt awesome. He checked me at 10:30 and I was only dialted to a 4-5 so we figured it would be a while. My mom was going to leave around 12:15 to hang out with Payton (our friend was watching him) so my doctor checked to see where I was at. He said "You better not leave or you are going to miss this. Let me dress out and we will have a baby in 5." He came back and said, "Next contraction, you are having a baby. " I pushed twice during the contraction and then he told me to stop pushing and out he came. I was smiling the whole delivery, I seriously felt no pain and I watched him be born. So different then 2+ hours of pushing with Payton. He started crying as soon as he was out and the Doctor gave him an apgar score of 10.

Payton came to visit him about an hour after he was born. At first he was scared to get too close but today he wants to hold him all the time. He will go play and then turn around and say "baby" and come back to take a picture of him or hold him.

No comments: