Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Give thanks in EVERYthing!

So this weekend we went to Oregon to visit Kendra and Gavin and attend a wedding of some friends. We left Whitefish on Thursday moring and the drive there was pretty uneventful. It took us about 9 1/2 hours and Payton probably slept 8 1/2 hours of it so that was great. Friday we hung out with everyone and helped decorate for the wedding. Saturday moring, Kendra, Payton and I went to coffee with Kylee and Greg before the wedding which was fun. We haven't seen Gregg since he was like 6 months old and now he is 13 month, so it was fun to get the boys together. They were adorable "sharing" cherrios and clapping and chatting with each other.
After that we went to the wedding and reception. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun.
That night there was a lot of snow, so the highways were closed and Mason and Lindsey didn't even get to leave town until late that evening. We all had dinner together and hung out.

In all of that time it was easy to be thankful because we were having such a great trip.

Sunday morning I woke up tired. Payton is still teething (now working hard on the top teeth), so him and I spent the night sleeping together on a twin blow up mattress. I wasn't too worried about being tired because I was excited to see everyone at church. At church I started to feel a little sick and really tired and by the time we got to Tim and Ashley's after church I felt off. Needless to say I spent the day with the flu worse then I have ever been sick I think.

Give Thanks!

Poor Gregg (who I am thankful for) spent the day and night taking care of us, then got up on Monday morning in sub zero weather and packed all of us and our stuff in the car and started driving us home. After a three hour detour because of weather, we were finally in Montana and though it was below zero again the roads were good. So only a few hours to go we were driving on a dry road between St Regis and Plains and a rock falls off the cliff and smashes out our back windshield. It sounded like an explosion and we both panicked and reached for Payton. He had been a sleep in his carseat and despite being covered with glass, he wasn't even cut. We managed to tape a garbage bag over the back window and drive the rest of the way home, shaken up but all fine.

So even though I no better then to think of what could have happened, I have enough to know it could have been so much worse. So we Thank God for His protection over our family, for our health and safety!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
I'm really glad that everyone is okay. It's things like that scare me half to death. We'll be thinking about you guys.
Give a hug to both Gregg, Kris and an extra to Payton for me. I'm sure you already have.

Stay safe and healthy
Amanda, Aaron, Logan, and Charlie

Susan said...

Hey Kris ~

So that's what Payton looks like without his crabby-teething pants on! (just kidding) I love the first pic.

Payton is so adorable in the pic with Sammie and Stormy! They missed him lots as your pic shows.

See you guys.

~ Susan

Kylee said...

It was good to see you guys. Sorry you got sick. That is no fun! Hope you had a great Christmas and enjoyed your little one. That first Christmas with a baby is always so special. Love you.